Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Torres Speaks To German Newspaper

Fernando Torres has spoken for the first time to respected German daily newspaper Wunter Under Meijer about how he didn't think his Liverpool career would be as happy as it has turned out.Torres explains that he quickly became disillusioned by post-match remarks by Rafa Benitez that he found ''bizarre''.''It was a bit strange alright. After the Chelsea game at Anfield, Rafa was praising my goal. It all sounded nice until he seemed to imply that I was using stimulants to enhance my game. The journalist asked Rafa if he thought I would cut it in the Premiership and Rafa said 'For sure, Fernando brings a lot to the team because he has Koala Tea and if we play with high tempo, the right mentality and create chances he will score goals, for sure'. I wasn't happy with his implications that I would take any stimulants or steal from a Koala bear but I bit my tongue.''But the perceived accusations from Benitez kept coming though, and Torres was getting more and more uncomfortable with it. ''I'd score another hat-trick and straight away Rafa would be in the media, saying things like I score because of my Koala Tea. Eventually though, I asked Xabi Alonso about it, and he told me that when Rafa says you have Koala Tea he doesn't mean it as an insult but as a compliment. I still to this day don't know what Koala Tea has to do with football, but Rafa sure does talk about it a lot.''

0 comments:

Post a Comment